Saturday, August 13, 2011

When can I expect my baby to eat less often? And how long should he spend at each ?

My baby is two weeks and two days old. He feeds several times a day, wanting to eat every hour or so during the day and every two or three hours at night. Honestly, I didn;t realize he would be so hungry so often. People are telling me to let him cry it out, and try to make him go longer between feedings, and others tell me that this will happen on its own. It does seems sometimes during the day that he's really not hungry, but just wants to cuddle and use me as a pacifier, so he'll only eat for a little bit and then fall asleep or lie there contented. I guess basically I'm wondering if I'm spoiling him, and when should he be able to go longer between feedings. I know he's getting enough because he's already gained half a pound and we go through enough diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment